After a bit more hacking away, tinkering and violating all good programming practices, I'm pleased to announce the release of Better Reflection 1.1.0, with shiny new features including the highly anticipated monkey patching abilities I've promised at my talk at the Dutch PHP Conference this year. Here's a taster of the main things we've added:
- Ability to modify function, method and class structure (basic monkey patching)
- Ability to replace the body of a function or method
- Updated documentation
- PHP 7 compatibility
- Some PHP 7.1 compatibility (more features will come in a future version!)
- Implemented ::class constant resolution
FindReflectionOnLinehelper (look up code unit by filename and line number)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
We'd really like to see some feedback on how you folks are using the library, what you find useful, what you think would be a great addition and so on. Right now, the 1.2.0 release is planned to have:
- PHP 7.1 compatibility (will require PhpParser 3.0 which is currently in beta)
- Possibly some dynamic autoload handling for easier monkey patching
- More bug fixes and reflection compatibility
- Other stuff you request!
Thank you to the contributors for this release!
Go forth and enjoy the new Roave offering of Better Reflection!